Dr Raj K. Manchanda, Former Director General of Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy, under Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India as well as Secretary for Information & Communication, Liga Medicorum Homoeopathica Internationalis. He possesses 35 years of professional experience as renowned academician, clinician, teacher and researcher. He developed special interest in the treatment of skin diseases while working as Senior Resident at Nehru Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital, New Delhi, established special dermatology clinic, wherein he demonstrated the success of Homoeopathy to students and treated thousands of patients. He realized the need to modernize the Homoeopathic knowledge with the recent developments in dermatology. Along with Dr Ramji Gupta (MD), a well-known dermatologist having a scientific attitude towards homoeopathy, he wrote “Textbook of Dermatology for Homoeopaths” in the year 1998. This book is very popular among students and practitioners.
Teaching & Professional Experience
Dr R. K. Manchanda delivers special lectures at Nehru Homoeopathic Medical College, Dr B.R. Sur Homoeopathic Medical College, New Delhi and other medical colleges with the aim of teaching modern dermatology to young and budding homoeopaths. His teachings give students an in-depth understanding of subject with ample visuals and practical experiences. As Head of Homoeopathy in Govt. of Delhi as well as Director General of Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH), he has contributed significantly to the development of Homoeopathy at National and International level.
In addition to his achievements in the field of Dermatology, Dr Manchanda is known for his administrative acumen, he was instrumental for the establishment of 66 new dispensaries, development of both Homoeopathic colleges in Delhi, supervising research projects related multi drug tuberculosis, sub clinical hypothyroidism, Psoriasis, Vitiligo, Lichen Planus, Warts and many more in Delhi.
As Director General at CCRH, he gave new direction of Homoeopathic research, strengthened research infrastructure, developed several international collaborations and completed many research projects. He has been given following awards:
• “State Award” in 2010 by the Govt. of Delhi for the meritorious works undertaken in the field of Homoeopathy.
• “Award of Recognition” by Robert Bosch Foundation, Germany in 2011 for fostering Indo-German Collaboration.
• “Honorary Doctorate of Traditional and Complementary medicine (Homeopathy)” by Cyberjaya University College of Medical Sciences of Malaysia in 2018.
• Honorary fellowship (F.F. Hom.) by Faculty of Homeopathy, UK in April 2019.
I. Articles/ Research Papers in Peer reviewed Journal:
Published 106 peer reviewed papers in national and International Journals of repute with citations: 417, h-index: 11 & i10 index: 13 (July 2019). He published his first article in Dermatology in 1990. Some of his publications exhibiting scientific attitude in Homoeopathy are as under:
1. O.P. Bhardwaj, R.K. Manchanda, Ramji Gupta, Evaluation of bacillinum in tinea infection, British Homoeopathic journal, Volume 79, Issue 1, January 1990, Pages 10-11.
2. Ramji Gupta, O.P. Bhardwaj, R.K. Manchanda, Homoeopathy in the treatment of warts, British Homoeopathic journal, Volume 80, Issue 2, April 1991, Pages 108-111.
3. R. Gupta, R.K. Manchanda, B.S. Arya, Homoeopathy for the treatment of lichen simplex chronicus: A case series, Homeopathy, Volume 95, Issue 4, October 2006, Pages 245-247.
4. R Sharma, S Kumar, VK Vimal, RK Manchanda Assessment of the effectiveness of homoeopathic remedies in improving quality of life of chronic urticaria patients in a typical clinical setting. Indian Journal of Research in Homoeopathy 12 (3), 139.
5. HB Poonam, RK Manchanda, CD Lamba, P Oberoi- Individualized Homoeopathic Intervention (IHI) in Diabetic Foot Ulcer (DFU): A Randomized Controlled Pilot Study (RCPS) using Calendula Q vs. Normal Saline (NS) for Ulcer Dressing. Homeopathy 107 (S 01), P020.
6. Anjali Miglani, Raj K Manchanda. Prospective, non-randomised, open-label study of homeopathic Zingiber officinale (ginger) in the treatment of acne vulgaris. Focus on Alternative and Complementary Therapies Volume 19, Issue 4, pages 191–197, December 2014.
7. Miglani A, Manchanda RK. Azadirachta indica in treatment of acne vulgaris-an open-label observational study. Indian J Res Homoeopathy 2014; 8:218-23.
8. Anjali Miglani, Raj K. Manchanda, Observational study of Arctium lappa in the treatment of acne vulgaris, Homeopathy, Volume 103, Issue 3, July 2014, Pages 203-207.
Gupta Ramji, Manchanda R.K. Textbook of Dermatology for Homoeopaths. Fourth Edition; B. Jain Publishers, New Delhi, 2019.
III. Conference Presentations
Presented 50 papers in International and National Conferences and periodicals. Initially, Dr Manchanda presented clinical reports of skin cases in the regular state level CME’s of IIHP, HMAI and many other homoeopathic associations and then in numerous conferences at National and International level also.